formatting template by The Meanest TA, PhD
This sign sums it up quite nicely…
It’s a sign.
• How are instructional technologies socially conceptualized?
• Which theories are predominant in specific learning domains?
• What new theory has been developed, and/or is "old theory" adequate to the task of explaining the social impacts and use of the digital?
• To what extent is digital research theoretically or empirically driven?
• Which concepts and key themes cluster and link regardless of theoretical or empirical approach?
• Can a new "theoretical framework" for understanding instructional technology (digital learning) be generated, and is this needed?
• To what extent have interdisciplinary approaches modified or developed theory?
• Which methods and approaches predominate in education?
• Does the availability of large volumes of digital data change how the digital is studied and/or the approaches taken to instructional technologies in education?
• Are certain methods intrinsically linked to certain domains or theories? How are methods tied to the social contexts around instructional technology research?
• Have interdisciplinary approaches modified or prioritized certain methods in the study of instructional technology?
*list of questions adapted from various existing research journals and texts
Meaning is defined by at least three points: the personal, the factual, and the resonance between them.