Spent the morning bottling old vine zinfandel with my Dad. Much needed break from the books.
A little “reset” before it’s back studying. Kinda like the wine, I think I might be suffering from bottle shock.
Upside: "bottle shock" is a temporary condition. Most oenophiles will tell you that "bottle shock" is a slight disruption characterized by muted or disjointed flavors.
It typically occurs after wine transfers, filtration, bottling, and sometimes during transport.
The cure? Let it rest for a few days. Let it settle...